a community of people who support one another as we live to love God, love each other and share the love of God in Kent County and the world beyond. A community in process, we are young and old, local and newly arrived. With Jesus Christ as our unifying center, we seek to know God more and to make God known in worship, prayer and service. We warmly welcome you to join us for worship and other parish events.
includes being recognized as a family of faith established since 1687 - the first known record of service. Originally known as the South Sassafras Parish, it is one of the original 30 Anglican Parishes in the Province of Maryland. The church holds historical and sacred significance. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986, Shrewsbury Parish is an Episcopal congregation.
The present church was erected in 1835 and the site holds the remains of two previous structures, the last of which was destroyed by fire in the late 1700's. The bell tower and stained glass windows are each dedicated additions to the warm and welcoming Gothic-revival style architecture of this church set in the midst of beautiful country side and abundant farmland.