Shrewsbury Parish Church
Shrewsbury Parish | 12824 Shrewsbury Church Road, P.O. Box 187, Kennedyville MD 21645 us | +1.410.348.5944
Shrewsbury Parish is a caring community of faithful people created by God, redeemed by the Son, and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Our mission is to joyfully radiate God's love and to live in Christ.
Contact the Parish office 410.348.5944; or email us for more information on scheduling events at Shrewsbury Parish.
There are a number of structures and dedicated areas on our property. A large playground was constructed by parish volunteers in 2003. It is just yards from the Parish Hall, and close to our prayer garden which begins at the bottom of a gently sloping hill. It, like many projects in Shrewsbury, is a volunteer driven effort. Other structures on the site include a rectory and an outdoor chapel. The open air chapel is in use for summer worship and was dedicated as the "John Smith Chapel" in honor of his landing nearby in 1608. The dedication was attended by members of the Nocka Waywash Band of Indiana. Bishop Shand invited Chief Winterhawk of the Band of Indians (meaning that there are remnants of several tribes under this banner) to assist behind the altar on the day of the dedication. The chapel was named the John Smith Chapel in honor of Smith’s celebration of the first Christian service (reading of the Psalms) on the banks of the Sassafras.
Located on thirty-one acres, the Parish is home to a churchyard founded in the 18th century, the present church building which came into service in 1835, and a modern parish hall.
The Parish Hall is a multi-use area that includes offices, a great room, kitchen, library, and classrooms. Weddings, receptions, classes, and special events take place year-round in this spacious, modern building. The Hall may be rented by the public. Contact us for details on rental fees, guidelines and availability or click here for rental guidelines:
The churchyard has been in continuous use since its inception. Review the guidelines and terms and conditions of burials, internment, and columbarium can be viewed here:
CONGREGATION OF FAITH